Hi, I’m Maria. I’m a 25-year old wild child who had a baby, moved to the Philippines from New York City, and lost her way – not geographically, but emotionally. The only thing that’s ever continued to make sense to me is writing, so that’s what I’m doing.
What’s my life and my writing like? I’m not really sure, which is why I blog. I think too much about everything and I have a hard time keeping things light. This is what I know, aka a short list about me:
- I do freelance writing and editing for a living.
- I’m a former philosophy and English student who is now a nursing student.
- I’m learning to be fluent in two languages (Spanish and Tagalog), in addition to my native English.
- I am a Zen master wanna-be, a yoga practitioner, and a novice gardener.
- I love weapons. I’m good at shooting all kinds of guns, rifles, etc., and I’m learning how to throw knives.
- I fantasize about having a vegetable/fruit/flower garden and a chicken coop in my backyard in NYC.
- I used to be in a band, and I love singing, and messing around on the piano and guitar. I write my own songs, but mostly collaborate with musicians for the harmonies.
- I love to travel, but I never take pictures of my travels.
- I’m a feminist.
- I’m a nerd. I love reading and listening and learning and knowing.
- For better or for worse, I do my best and try to convince myself that that’s all I can do.
This is my world. It means a lot to me that you stopped by. Welcome.