A few bullet points to purge my mind, thus allowing me to function:
- I’m way behind on co-writing an article for The Daily Femme with a good friend of mine. This is the first time I’ve ever co-written anything and I’m kicking myself for sucking so hard at it. I want to pull my own weight and write something awesome, but I’ve already written several drafts and hate every single one of them. I’ll just send over what I’ve got and hope for the best.
- I’m also contributing to the Daily’s Femme’s Hitting The Streets Section, where we post a provocative feminist question and answers from women from around the globe.
- Okay, so I wanted to write a post about the night of Riley’s birthday party – and, actually, I just might still do that. Maybe. I dunno. Here are the facts: There was a fight. Several fights, actually. And lots of crying. And screaming. And now I’m pretty sure that some of my family hates me. And I know for damn certain at least one girl at school hates my guts. This is all weighing down on me and making it really hard for me to concentrate or study for my upcoming exams and just- *sigh* Yeah, I’ll just write a post.
- I haven’t spent a lot of one-on-one time with my mom while she’s been here, and that’s making me really sad/disappointed/angry/frustrated.
- I might have skin cancer. I say so because one of my moles is now really discolored/deformed. I plan on seeing the doc on Thursday.
- Also possibly on Thursday: I’m getting my teeth whitened. This is something I’ve been wanting to do FOREVER. I’m planning to never take a puff of anything ever again just to keep my pearly whites pearly white… On second thought, I’m still going to drink coffee and tea, so maybe a puff now and again isn’t that big a deal?
- The only thing keeping me from getting my teeth whitened: I might be pregnant. I want to be pregnant as in I really really want more babies and the sooner the better because I don’t want them spread out too much in age. I know every pragmatic piece of me is screaming “What the hell do you mean you want them now? What do you mean the sooner the better? What about school?” But I can’t help it. I’m of the school of thought that says it’s never the “right” time to have a baby. Or rather, it’s always the right time to have a baby – if you want one.
- I have three huge quizzes today, two of them for major subjects. And I only have about half of the material memorized. The first quiz is in 2 hours.
- I’m going to start teaching English on-line. Apparently, the pay is decent/good. The only thing I’m worried about is my crappity crap crap internet connection.
- Also, we’re getting a puppy. A boy. We’re naming him Bingo, after the children’s song. It was Rob’s idea; Riley loves the song and claps along.
- I’m getting skinnier but gaining weight. I’ve gained 10 pounds over two weeks, but my jeans are slipping off my ass and all of my shirts look like ponchos. Could it be that I’m just getting crazy diesel? This is reason # 3 that I think I’m pregnant.
- Other reasons I think I’m pregnant: I’m sleepy/tired all the time – but maybe that’s just my body being overwhelmed? I’m feeling the urge to eat a lot more – but maybe that’s just something I do when I’m stressed, and I didn’t notice it till now? Last month, I didn’t get my period, per se; I spotted for three days, which has never happened. The world keeps sending me little hints, like my mom’s Freudian slip when asking me about when I’d like to see the skin doc: “When are you due?” (Then again, my mom’s English? Not great.)
- We got a camera. Finally. A pretty new fancy one with which to take many awesome pics. And with it, the urge to revamp this here blog.
- Mom and I are cleaning, rearranging furniture, decorating, nesting the hell out of the house, and it feels. So. Amazing. This place is really starting to feel like home.
- I have a few writing gigs coming up that I’m really psyched about. But if I can’t even stick to my schedule with co-writing an article, what business do I have tacking on more to my workload?
- I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can. Do this.
Whew. Okay. I’m good. I’m good. That definitely cleared the cobwebs. Now time to email Ms. Awesome my part of our article and study for an hour and a half. Wish me luck!
The article’s coming along swimmingly, I have yet to get my teeth whitened or my mole checked out because Riley’s been sick for a couple of days, and the puppy we were supposed to adopt died before I even met him. Also: According to the pregnancy test I took yesterday, Riley won’t be a big brother in another 40-or so weeks. I kicked ass on my quizzes, started taking photos as much as possible, and kicked up my writing game. Like, a lot.
So, yeah. Progress, people. Progress indeed.